Virtual Leader Training
Responding to our partner organizations’ needs for trained Leaders to facilitate virtual workshops during the pandemic, SMRC now offers virtual Leader training. Organizations may sponsor trainees to attend SMRC virtual Leader training.
The 7-week trainings are for new (never been trained in SMRC programs) Leaders to facilitate the Virtual Chronic Disease Self-Management (vCDSMP) workshop or Virtual Tomando control de su salud workshop, which are given by Zoom video meetings by SMRC staff. The limit is 12 trainees per training.
How does the training work?
- Leader training is 7 weeks.
- Trainees are required to attend 13 2.5-hour Zoom video meetings using webcam and computer speakers.
- The first meeting each week has one session, and weeks 2-7 have 2 sessions each week.
- There are homework assignments required before and during the training.
- This is an intense, time-consuming training.