All organizations offering SMRC Programs must be licensed. There are different types of licenses depending on the needs of different organizations.
- Learn more about licensing
- For questions about licensing, email email@example.com
Organizations must have trained Leaders and Trainers for any of our programs.
Can we still refer to the workshops as “Stanford” programs?
- No. Stanford requires that the Stanford name and logo NOT be used for any reason.
What words can we use to describe the workshops?
- The only words you can use when describing the programs are “an evidence-based self-management program originally developed at Stanford University”, or “an SMRC evidence-based program originally developed at Stanford University.”
- Certificates of completion for workshops and Leader trainings should use the above language, as well.
Can we use the SMRC logo and Steps to Healthier Living trademark?
- Yes. Go to Resources – Forms, Downloads and Link section for downloading.
Are the SMRC programs the same as the Stanford programs?
- Yes. Stanford gave SMRC all of the programs.
- No. Since 2017, SMRC has updated programs, added the Workplace CDSMP, and added new ways of offering programs: virtual, mailed tool kits, mailed tool kits with conference phone calls.
SMRC programs are available in 4 different modes of delivery. Click the links below to learn more.
- In-person, face-to-face small group
- Virtual small group, via Zoom or similar platform
- Mailed Tool Kit small group with scripted conference calls
- Internet asynchronous (not real time)
Are SMRC programs available in other languages?
- All programs are available in Spanish.
- Some programs are available in other languages.
- Go to summary modes of delivery and language options
Can we translate a program?
- Yes, but first you must get a free translation license. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
What about program fidelity?
- Everyone involved with SMRC programs is responsible for program fidelity. Here is the link to the current Fidelity Manual
How do we contact SMRC?
- Emails about training: email@example.com. These go to Virginia (Ginger) González, our Training Director. To reach Virginia by phone, call 650-242-8040 Ext 402
- Emails about licensing: firstname.lastname@example.org These go to Nieves Michel, our Licensing Manager. To reach Nieves by phone, call 650-242-8040 Ext 406.
- Emails about Trainer certification: email@example.com. These go to Linda Castagnola. To reach Linda by phone, call 650-242-8040 Ext 407.
- General emails and questions: firstname.lastname@example.org. These go to Kate Lorig. To reach Kate by phone, call 650-242-8040 Ext 403.
- Or you may use the Contact Us form on this website.