Virtual Leader Training
SMRC offers virtual Leader training, enabling our licensed organizations to provide workshops to their communities, facilitated by Leaders trained by SMRC. Leader trainings typically are offered once or twice a month; more if needed.
The 7-week trainings are for new (never been trained in SMRC programs) Leaders to facilitate the Chronic Disease Self-Management (CDSMP) workshop or the Tomando Control de su Salud (Spanish CDSMP) workshop, which are given via Zoom video meetings hosted by SMRC. The limit is 12 trainees per training.
How does the training work?
- Leader training is 7 weeks.
- Trainees are required to attend 13 2.5-hour Zoom video meetings using webcam and computer speakers.
- The first week has one session, and weeks 2-7 have 2 sessions each week.
- There are homework assignments required before and during the training.
- This is an intense, time-consuming training.