Small group workshop offered either face-to-face or virtually
- 2 1/2 hours per session
- 1 session per week for 6 weeks
Cancer Survivors, any type of cancer
- 12-16 participants per face-to-face workshop
- 8-12 participants per virtual workshop
- 2 trained Leaders, one or both of whom are non-health professionals and cancer survivors, for both in person and virtual workshops
- Must be trained by SMRC-certified Master Trainers
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the Program replace existing programs and treatments?
The program does not conflict with existing programs or treatment. Treatment is not altered. For all medical questions, participants are referred to their physicians or other health professionals.
How were the programs developed?
The programs were developed based on focus groups with cancer survivors, reviewing professional organizational standards and national standards for such areas as exercise and nutrition. We combined these inputs with processes to increase self-efficacy and to allow participants to self-tailor the workshops to their own needs. In addition, many methods from cognitive behavioral therapy are included.
How can my facility offer the Program?
All agencies must have at a minimum: