Cancer Survivors: Articles & Published Research
Articles About the Cancer Survivors Program
vpn_key = Key article
- Schmidt, F., Ribi, K., Haslbeck, J., Urech, C., Holm, K., & Eicher, M. (2020) Adapting a peer-led self-management program for breast cancer survivors in Switzerland using a co-creative approach. Patient Education and Counseling. 2020 Sep;103(9):1780-1789.
- Salvatore, A. L., Ahn, S., Jiang, L., Lorig, K., & Ory, M. G. (2015) National study of chronic disease self-management: 6-month and 12-month findings among cancer survivors and non-cancer survivors. Psycho-oncology, 24(12), 1714–1722.
- vpn_key Risendal, B. C., Dwyer, A., Seidel, R. W., Lorig, K., Coombs, L., & Ory, M. G. (2015). Meeting the challenge of cancer survivorship in public health: results from the evaluation of the chronic disease self-management program for cancer survivors. Frontiers in public health, 2, 214.
- Risendal, B., Dwyer, A., Seidel, R., Lorig, K., Katzenmeyer, C., Coombs, L., Kellar-Guenther, Y., Warren, L., Franco, A., & Ory, M. (2014). Adaptation of the chronic disease self-management program for cancer survivors: feasibility, acceptability, and lessons for implementation. Journal of cancer education : the official journal of the American Association for Cancer Education, 29(4), 762–771.
- vpn_key Bantum, E. O. C., Albright, C. L., White, K. K., Berenberg, J. L., Layi, G., Ritter, P. L., … & Lorig, K. (2014). Surviving and thriving with cancer using a Web-based health behavior change intervention: randomized controlled trial. Journal of medical Internet research, 16(2), e54.
- Layi, G., Albright, C. A., Berenberg, J., Plant, K., Ritter, P., Laurent, D., Lorig, K., & Bantum, E. O. (2011). UH Cancer Center Hotline: Recruiting cancer survivors for an online health-behavior change intervention: are different strategies more beneficial?. Hawaii medical journal, 70(10), 222–223.
Download article (PDF)
- McCorkle, R., Ercolano, E., Lazenby, M., Schulman-Green, D., Schilling, L. S., Lorig, K., & Wagner, E. H. (2011). Self-management: Enabling and empowering patients living with cancer as a chronic illness. CA: a cancer journal for clinicians, 61(1), 50–62