Ethnic/Racial Minorities and Rural Settings: Articles & Published Research
Articles about Rural Settings and Self-Management Programs
- Kneipp, S. M., Horrell, L., Gonzales, C., Linnan, L., Lee Smith, M., Brady, T., & Trogdon, J. G. (2019). Participation of lower‐to‐middle wage workers in a study of Chronic Disease Self‐Management Program (CDSMP) effectiveness: Implications for reducing chronic disease burden among racial and ethnic minority populations. Public Health Nursing, 36(5), 591-602.
- Wilson, D. K., Lorig, K., Klein, W. M., Riley, W., Sweeney, A. M., & Christensen, A. (2019). Efficacy and cost-effectiveness of behavioral interventions in nonclinical settings for improving health outcomes. Health Psychology, 38(8), 689-700.
- Smith, M. L., Towne, S. D., Herrera-Venson, A., Cameron, K., Kulinski, K. P., Lorig, K., … & Ory, M. G. (2017). Dissemination of chronic disease self-management education (CDSME) programs in the United States: intervention delivery by rurality. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 14(6), 638.
- Guilcher, S. J., Bereket, T., Voth, J., Haroun, V. A., & Jaglal, S. B. (2013). Spanning boundaries into remote communities: an exploration of experiences with telehealth chronic disease self-management programs in rural Northern Ontario, Canada. Telemedicine and e-Health, 19(12), 904-909.
- Jaglal, S. B., Haroun, V. A., Salbach, N. M., Hawker, G., Voth, J., Lou, W., … & Bereket, T. (2013). Increasing access to chronic disease self-management programs in rural and remote communities using telehealth. Telemedicine and e-Health, 19(6), 467-473.
- Stillwater, B., & Farr, C. (2013b). Clinical outcomes associated with self-management classes among patients of an urban community health center. Alaska Section of Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, 5(2), 1–6.
Download article (PDF)